C. Earthquake

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

C. Earthquake.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c).
(1) What did the man do during the earthquake?

a. He stayed in bed. b. He tried to get outside. c. He cried for help.
(2) What was wrong with the man? a. He was suffering from a heart trouble because of the sudden earthquake. b. He went to bed so late the previous night that he wasn't woken up by the earthquake. c. He was having terrible flu.
(3) What happened to the man during the first earthquake? a. The first earthquake did wake him up but he didn't realize what was happening. b. The first earthquake woke up the man but he didn't want to leave his house. c. The man wasn't woken up by the first earthquake.
(4) The man woke up at ___________. a. 2 o'clock in the morning b. 3 o'clock in the morning c. 4 o'clock in the morning
(5) The man was ___________ when the second earthquake came. a. sleeping in his bed b. sitting up in his bed c. about to make his tea in the kitchen
(6) Why didn't the man realize the earthquake when it came? a. Because he didn't hear any noise at all. b. Because he thought all this was caused by the flu. c. Because he thought he was dreaming.
(7) Why didn't the man try to get out when he finally realized it was an earthquake? a. Because he was feeling terrible with the flu and he couldn't bother about trying to get outside. b. Because he believed somebody would come to save him. c. Because he was too scared to run out of the house.
(8) _________ was telling people to go and sleep in the parks. a. The television b. The radio c. The paper
(9) When the first earthquake started the woman was __________. a. at home b. in a park c. in a cafe

2. Complete the following statements according to what you hear on the tape.
(1) Describing the influence from the earthquake:
  a. The wooden floor started
.
  b. The doors and windows started
.
  c. All the kitchen cupboards were
and cups and saucers came
.
  d. The kitchen clock
.
  e. Some books
.
  f. That little porcelain vase
but fortunately
.
  h. The transistor radio was found
.
(2) Describing the reason that the man didn't go to sleep in the parks:
  a. he was
;
  b. the nearest park is
;
  c. he didn't want to
;
  d. he didn't think the house was going to
.

Listening answers

C. Earthquake.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c).

a. The wooden floor started
.
  b. The doors and windows started
.
  c. All the kitchen cupboards were
and cups and saucers came
.
  d. The kitchen clock
.
  e. Some books
.
  f. That little porcelain vase
but fortunately
.
  h. The transistor radio was found
.
  a. he was
;
  b. the nearest park is
;
  c. he didn't want to
;
.