TPO 03 Rembrandt is the most famous of the seventeenth century Dutch painters However there are doubts whether some paintings attributed to Rembrandt were actually painted by him One such painting is known as attributed to Rembrandt because of its style a

TPO 03- Rembrandt is the most famous of the seventeenth-century Dutch painters. However, there are doubts whether some paintings attributed to Rembrandt were actually painted by him. One such painting is known as attributed to Rembrandt because of its style, and indeed the representation of the woman’s face is very much like that of portraits known to be by Rembrandt. But there are problems with the painting that suggest it could not be a work by Rembrandt.

The reading passage and listening lecture describe the information about rembrandt's painting. the reading passage states the reasons which show the was not made by rembrandt but the lecturer listening does not agree with that and he provides some evidence suggested by scientists which tells that the painting was made up by rembrandt.
in the reading passage author state the first reason that says the lady in the painting has a fur collar that cannot be used by servant at that time. however, rembrandt's style of painting never includes that mismatching but a lecturer in the listening disagrees with that he says the fur collar was made up by another artist after 100 years of painting to create that painting more effectively.
secondly, the author in the reading states that the shadow of the woman's face in the painting is likely less bright but the face of the lady is brighter in the painting however the lecturer listening again disagrees with that and states that the original painting has light colure cloth to make the painting brighter ther in light that the was originally made by rembrandt in his shadow and light style
in last the author in reading states that the panel of the painting is basically made up of wooden pieces with the help of glue which hold all pieces together but a lecturer in the listening disagrees with that and he states that the actual painting was made by the same wooden panel which rembrandt used in his self-portrait painting with the hat.
so to sum up both writer and lecturer hold conflicting views about the rembrandt painting it's clear that they have trouble finding common ground on this issue.