tpo 40

tpo 40

The reading and the lecture give information about the possibilities to maintain a permanent human presence on Venus. While the reading mentions that such possibility is impractical, the lecture refutes all the reading arguments.

The lecture mentions that it is possible to set a permanent human presence on the Venus if scientists set the station at Venus atmosphere instead its surface.

First,The higher the station is the lower the atmospheric pressure. Building a station floating at venus atmosphere 15 Km above venus surface will eliminate the possibility that all the spacecraft would be crashed after landed on venus service due to high pressure exposer.

Second, contrary to the belief in the reading that venous atmosphere lack of oxygen and water, the lecture mentions that scientists can use carbon dioxide and sulfuric acid to produce water using certain chemical transaction.

Finally, the author states that the thick clouds prevent sunlight from reaching venus surface. As a result, solar powers can not use sunlight to generate electricity and leave the machines without power. In contrast, the lecture says that the clouds are less thicker 15 km above the surface. Building a station above the service will allow the solar power not only catch the sunlight pass through the clouds, but also catch the sunlight reflected from the clouds near Venus surface.Thus, this disagrees with what indicated in the reading passage.