Teaching profession is decreasing day by day Government should encourage students to go for this noble profession Why is this profession declining and how should government encourage people to go for this noble profession

Teaching profession is decreasing day by day. Government should encourage students to go for this noble profession. Why is this profession declining and how should government encourage people to go for this noble profession.?

Teaching is a dignified profession.Teachers are torchbearer for the society that educates all other professions. However it seems to be less favorite among youngsters these days. This essay will examine the reasons for its downfall and the steps that government should initiate to encourage people to opt for this field.

There can be several factors which attributes to this decline. Firstly, youngsters don't find it very lucrative in terms of perks and salaries. For example, a teacher on an average gets less than half of what is being offered in field of engineering and medicines. Secondly old curriculum and outdated methods of teaching make it very boring and dull. Moreover the long working hours and extra workload add on to the worst. For instance, government teachers in some countries are subjected to undergo election duties and even sometimes they go door to door for gathering data and information especially at the times of census surveys.Furthermore youngsters particularly feel that there is very less scope of promotion.

However several steps can be taken to tackle the scenario. Firstly governments should raise the salaries and should offer bonus , incentives and timely hike in incomes. Additionally new methods such as audio visual aids should be incorporated to lure young aspirants. Also teachers shouldn't be overburdened with any unnecessary tasks in the name of multitasking. What is more important is that government should make people feel secured about this profession by creating more job opportunities and emphasizing its future benefits

In conclusion I would like to reiterate that the need of hour is to create awareness among general public. Nonetheless, the problem is not insurmountable, so steps can be taken to curb this situation.