Describe a Vietnam traditional wedding

Describe a Vietnam traditional wedding

In Vietnam, wedding is very important, not only to the couple involved but also for both families. Thus, it is usually included quite a few formal ritual need to be performed.
The wedding is usually chosen well in advance by the groom and the bride’s parents. On the procession ceremony, the groom’s family with relatives go to the bride’s house and bringing a lot of bride prices wrapped in red cloths. These must include betel leaves, areca fruits, wines, fruits, husband-wife cakes and tea. Those who bring these trays also are carefully chosen; usually they are still single. And the groom usually hold a wedding bouquet in his hand. The groom’s family would stop in front of the bride’s house. The leading couple should enter the house first, bringing a tray with wine and tiny cups on it. They would invite the bride’s parents to take a sip. By accepting , the bride family agree for the groom’s family to enter their house. The groom’s family would introduce themselves and ask permission for their son to married his bride. The master of the ceremony, usually a respected person among the bride’s relatives instructs the groom’s parents to present their daughter. The bride then follows her mom out. She is in traditional wedding called ‘Ao dai’ , which is usually in red. The wedding ceremony starts in front of the altar, the bride and the groom would kneel down and have the ancestor worship ceremony, asking their ancestor’s permission to be married, also asking for blessing on their family to be. The couple then turn around and bow down to the bride parents to say thank for raising and protecting her since birth. They then bow their head to each other, which means to show their gratitude and respect toward their soon to be husband or wife. The groom and the bride then exchange wedding rings. After that, the groom’s parents will say thank you to everyone who cheered with their child. And the ceremony is ended with a round of applause.
From my point of view, the traditional wedding ceremony is a nice of Vietnamese culture. It is also an important tradition because it shows the identity culture of Vietnamese. Vietnamese should keep and develop it in the future.