The following appeared in a magazine article on trends and lifestyles:"In general, people are not as concerned as they were a decade ago about regulating their intake of red meat and fatty cheeses. W

The author states that now-a-days people are not as concerned about regulating their intake of red meat and fatty cheeses as they were a decade ago. The author backs up his claim with a few observations from a few stores and restaurants. The argument is however, logically unconvincing. The following essay will shed some light on a few logical flaws of the aformentioned argument.

The author accepts the premise that, Walk into the Heart's Delight, a store that started selling organic fruits and vegertables in the 1960's, has recently started selling a wide variety of cheeses, which are made with high butterfat content. However, the author fails to consider inventory and sales of organic food and the different cheeses that the store sells. It could be possible that even though the store has started selling wide variety of cheeses, their inventory is proportionately lesser than that of the organic fruits and vegetables. The sales for organic food could be far greater than those for cheese.

The author assumes that since the owners of the Good Earth Cafe are making a modest living, people in general have stopped concerning about their intake of red meat and cheeses. The reason for the owners to be making a modest living could be the performance of their restaurant. Though an old vegetarian restaurant, it is highly possible that the quality of food has deteriorated over the years, the service at restaurant could have gone down, and various others reason which could result in lesser revenues for the restaurant owners.

Another assumption which the author makes is that since the owners of House of Beef are millionaires, people must be consuming a lot of red meat, since the restaurant is in the vicinity of other failing restaurant. However, the fact that the owners are millionaires can not be tied to peoples' consumption and regulation of red meat. It is highly possible that the owners had inherited the wealth from their family or they were already millionaired before opening the restaurant. It doesn't reflect on the sales or the footfall of the restaurant itself.

In conclusion, although at first glance the argument sounds convincing, it has a few loop holes. If the author were to provide enough evidence on the sales and inventory of organic foods and cheeses sold at the Walk into the Heart's Delight Store, evidence on why owners of Good Earth Cafe are making a modest living and real sales figures of both the restaurants : Good Earth Cafe and House of Beef, it would strengthen his argument. Without these infomation, however, the argument fails to convince the reader.

Sentence: The following essay will shed some light on a few logical flaws of the aformentioned argument.
Error: aformentioned Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The author accepts the premise that, Walk into the Heart's Delight, a store that started selling organic fruits and vegertables in the 1960's, has recently started selling a wide variety of cheeses, which are made with high butterfat content.
Error: vegertables Suggestion: vegetables

Sentence: It is highly possible that the owners had inherited the wealth from their family or they were already millionaired before opening the restaurant.
Error: millionaired Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Without these infomation, however, the argument fails to convince the reader.
Error: infomation Suggestion: information

---------------
argument 1 -- this has issues:

a store that started selling organic fruits and vegertables in the 1960's, has recently started selling a wide variety of cheeses.

should be:
Walk into the Heart's Delight, a store that started selling organic fruits and vegetables and whole-grain flours in the 1960's, and you will also find a wide selection of cheeses made with high butterfat content.

argument 3 -- need to put this argument together with argument 2 , for :

Next door, the owners of the Good Earth Café, an old vegetarian restaurant, are still making a modest living, but the owners of the new House of Beef across the street are millionaires.
----------------
need other arguments, like:

the sample size is too small to prove 'In general, people are not as concerned as they were a decade ago about regulating their intake of red meat and fatty cheeses.'

---------------------