The following appeared in a letter from the faculty committee to the president of Seatown University:A study conducted at nearby Oceania University showed that faculty retention is higher when professors are offered free tuition at the university for thei

The following appeared in a letter from the faculty committee to the president of Seatown University:

A study conducted at nearby Oceania University showed that faculty retention is higher when professors are offered free tuition at the university for their own college-aged children. Therefore, Seatown should institute a free-tuition policy for its professors for the purpose of enhancing morale among the faculty and luring new professors.

The argument made by a faculty committee to give a free tuition to the college-age children of the faculty of the Seatown University. However, the argument are many flaws in the argument. The committee have not provided proofs to the argument.

The committee has to be specific while asking for the free education for their children. They have not count the current professors who have their children studying in the same college. This decision needs to be taken with proper analysis. They must show the president the proper data.According to my experience with the education field , the amount of the fee is about 10-15 % of the salary of the professor. If a professor have a college-age student studying in the same university , it is equal to giving that much of salary hike in the professor's salary.

Moreover the reason behind asking for the free education is not appropriate. The argument on the basis of the retention of the professor is baseless. What if the professor are not from local city ?. their students will not do graduation from the same university. they might choose the local university. The committee should collect more data before asking for the free cost education.

This will not apply to the professors who does not have a college aged or no children. So more data required on how much new professor the university hires every year who have college-age children. Along with that , this decision is important in the aspects of the money. It should not affect the other students fees too. They must present a data which can convince the president in taking the decision. They also present a data which proves that the retention of the professors will actually going to benefit the university.

Therefor, It con be concluded that the committee must present the data which have proper information regarding the currant situation they have. So that the decision can be taken easily.