Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been foundonly in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archae

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found
only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author of statement believes that the common belief that the particular baskets are exclusively made by the Palean people, does not hold true; having been found the particular baskets across the wide and deep river _in another ancient village named Lithos _, the writer concludes that if it was Palean people who made these baskets and transited it across the river, there should be a sign of boats to pass the river. As long as there is no sign of boats, so the transit of the baskets could have not taken place, the author believes. A number of vital evidence is needed to be incorporated into this argument.

First, the author relies on the wide river defying the passage of people by anything except boats in then time, by citing the deepness and wideness of the river in the current time. Regarding the geological findings, the deepness and wideness of the rivers have not been constant throughout the history of the rivers. In terms of times, back in the Palean time, there might not be a river at all, and people might freely go to and fro Plea to the other village Lithos. Hence the author should support the argument with an evidence informing that the river was nearly as wide and deep as it is in the present time.

Secondly, even if the river existed in then time in the same way as it is now, the author should provide some evidence showing that humans could not pass the river from Palea to Lithos. It is possible Plean people did use the boats in order to cross the Brim river, but those boats might be destroyed in the crucible of time which now there is no sign of them. Furthermore, to conquer the rivers, humans also have used other means like trained horses which are also powerful swimmers in the water. If those are the case, then barely we can assume that Palean Baskets are not exclusively made by the Palean people.

Finally, even if the humans were not involved in the transit of the basket, it should be evinced that no natural cause can transmit the baskets. The baskets could have been transported from Palea to Lithos by the natural dispersing factors and not humans. Baskets are light weight objects, they usually can float over the water. Hurricanes also can have dispersed them by the intense force they have in dispersing the objects much heavier, let alone the baskets. Therefore the author needs evidence ruling out any alternative way the baskets could have got to Lithos.

In short, the argument is replete with ambiguous points. The lack of enumerated evidence renders the argument open to different explanations defying any certain evaluation. Therefore, the conclusion which is based on such an inconclusive argument cannot be tenable.