The city council of Town X has proposed reducing the city s electric expenses by switching all the lights in public buildings from incandescent bulbs to light emitting diodes LEDs The switch would be made gradually as the old incandescent bulbs burn out a

The author of the argument topic has stated that the city council of the town X is going to replace all the previously used incandescent light bulbs with LED bulbs in course of time. The reason behind this proposal is that the LED bulbs are capable of giving more light compared to incandescent light bulbs. The writer also argue that in doing so (replacement of incandescent with LED light bulbs), the total cost for lighting will be reduced. That means the new proposed project will come with more cost-effectiveness. However, this argument may not be stood up with a solid ground if it does not answer some of the questions related to it's authenticity.

The first question is - What is the degree to which electrical energy consumption by LED and incandescent bulbs differ from? Or the cost same in respect of energy consumption? This question is very essential to answer; because if LED requires much more electrical energy to give brighter light, then what is the issue of the old incandescent bulbs to be replaced? Currently every work in office, buildings, and residents are going well with incandescent. So, without justifying cost effectiveness, apparently there is no necessity to have the replacement.

The second query may come up with the justification of the city council system effectiveness. It is written in the topic that the switching of the light bulb will occur in steps in respect of demolition of the old incadescent ligh bulb. What if the system is not active enough to time to time monitoring of the project? If the answer is no, the replacement work of bulb will be haphazard and will result in increase of the cost of implementation of the project.

Another question is , there may be need of making a great change in the old lighting infrastructure fo implementing the new one. the replacement of the old iind=frustructrure with the new one may result in huge cost.

So, consideru=ing the above situations it may conclude that the proposal may come up with many more extra cost if the questions above asked are not answered properly before implementation of the proposed proposal.