Some people believe that our ever increasing use of technology significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction Other people believe that technology provides us with new and better ways to communicate and connect with one another

In today emerging developing era, technology has greatly improved our living standards and facilitates our daily routines. For instance, computer-driven manufacturing machines cuts down the relying on labour force and transportation vehicles saves our time and energy when commuting to work. One could argue that the ever-increasing use of technologu significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction, while others believe that technology is indeed providing us a brand new and better way to communicate with others. It is undeniably agreed that technology has shortcut complicated commnunication to simple yet direct manner. However, this change in our communication practice is bring us benefits.

Some voices critizes that technology, such as instant messaging software, television/radio broadcast and internet, eliminate the chances of direct communication of human. In the past, we used to share and transmit information to others face-to-face. But soon then after the occurence of internet and mobile phone, we shift our channel of talking from face-to-face to electronic means such as email and phone messaging. Communication is text-based and we could no longer be able to feel others' emotions and gestures while texting with them. Communication seems less sophisticated when performing through technology.

Contrawise, as every coin has two sides, technology in fact open us a door of easier communication. With the aid of fast-transmitting optical fibre built all over the world, human connections are no longer restricted by geographical distance. We can chat with our frinds in Europe just by hitting strokes on our computers' keyboard while we are locating in Asia conveniently. Peoples who are not connected due to distancing are now reunion online. Even the enhancement in long-trip trains and airplanes could ease our difficulties when travelling to meet friends on the other hand of world. Nevertheless, as technology development are fast and emerging, the older generation people may not be so familiar or adapted to use it. While we are teaching them how to get used with their smartphones, we are increasing our interaction level.

Technology does eliminates some kind of direct chatting from our daily lives, but bringing us new benefits at the same time. We should be cognizant the fact that technology is obsoleting the old-fashion way of communication and provides us a new mode of human interaction.

Essays by the user: