Understanding the past is of little use to those in current positions of leadership Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and

Every nation has a past of good and bad decisions made by their leaders.So understanding the past will be of use to those in current positions of leadership to consider what made their antecedents go with their decisions and how it surged or plunged the growth of their country. A leader should always take into account all the things done by his past leaders to decide what he needs to do with people of his nation keeping in their best interests.Like it gives an opportunity to understand what his people likes and what they want from there leader to do for them.It will also help the current leader to not commit any mistake done by his predecessor.every country has different needs like in third world countries the major problem is poverty and hunger and with developed country the problem is increasing cost of living so one nation cannot be compared to others and solutions of will not be of any use to other.So,the only medium of reference for the leader of the nation is to refer the past and plan for the future.They need to ask themselves whether today did we make the day better for our people than yesterday. Understanding the past schemes adopted by their leaders were any success or not also help the current leaders to analyse where it went wrong and how can they make it a success. Like if a housing scheme was introduced for the people below poverty line and their previous government intend to build 1000 houses with a fixed budget but only 500 of them were made with the allotted budget so what made this deficit, is it due to corruption can be questioned and the current leader can mitigate those issues . But simply understanding the past doesn't solve all the problems there are some issues that require modern solutions like in the case of employment shift , back in the 19th century people were focused only on the manufacturing sector and thought that's the great source of employment but in 20th century with the boom in software field it has created a lot of employment opportunities in this field .So the government should make the people shift from manufacturing to information technology field by training them.So it's completely new for the present leaders as they are trying to attempt something new which was never done by their previous leaders. So,understanding the past will be definitely of some use to those in current positions of leadership.

Essays by the user: