"The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones."Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain the reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor

The author of the prompt believes that extolling the good actions and ignoring the bad ones is the best way to educate. While the situation is more complex than it seems on the surface, I generally disagree with this statement. My stance on this issue is based on the idea that in many cases, ignoring negative actions or praising positive ones in a inappropriate manner is toxic.
<!--break-->
First of all, good comments on a good behavior from teachers, family members for bosses do encourage students, children or employee to do more of such actions, especially when those comments are given publicly. Giving praises is also a good and natural way to show the listener what is right and should be done in life or work. Nevertheless, in many situations, simply extolling good behaviors regardless many other factors is not a good idea. For example, in a class with a student who is relatively very good to the rest of that class, chances are that student is much more frequently praised than the other. In that situation, some other kids would grow zealot and even hateful toward the very good kid. The teacher should keep praising good result of the excellent student but in a more appropriate manner and try to highlight good actions of other students than they are meant to be to give the needed balance to the class.
<!--break-->
On the other hand, ignoring bad actions is sometimes a good choice. In some cases, it makes the person who committed faults to fell less nervous and not worrying too much. Those effects, in turn, would help them to focus on the job and not make the same mistake again. But in the most situations, neglect the faults is a bad idea, especially when it comes to safety. For instance, a child should acknowledge clearly which furniture in the house is dangerous and harmful, and once he or she try to play with those furniture like oven or gas tank, he or she should be seriously warned about the thread of those stuffs. In such case, ignoring the potentially dangerous behaviors could lead to more harmful actions and unfortunate results in the future.
<!--break-->
In summary, I agree that praising the positive actions is a good way to educate and ignoring the bad ones is sometimes useful, but they are not always appropriate and should be used carefully in many complicated situations in real life since there are so many other factors needed to consider. That's why I don't think that is the best way to teach children, students and employees.

Average: 5.8 (1 vote)