The effectiveness of a country s leaders is best measured by examining the well being of that country s citizens Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be s

The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

A country’s leaders are those who are finding ways to enhance the country, and their effectiveness can be evaluated through diverse factors. Among those, the well-being of a country’s citizens is the most plausible factor to measure the leaders’ effectiveness.

Firstly, the distribution of a country’s limited resources is influential to the citizen’s well-being. Resources a country can use is limited, and those who decide how to use them are the country’s leaders. Every year, a country’s leaders are gathered together and decide how to distribute the sources to each of fields such as education, economics, public health and others, which have close associations with citizens’ well-being. If the distributed resources for each sector are improper – resources for some areas are too much and others are too less -, it cannot be considered successful occluding further enhancement in certain areas, and it will result in less enhancement of the citizens’ well-being. Thus, through the evaluation of the well-being of citizens, the effectiveness of a country’s leaders can be measured.

Secondly, the well-being of citizens is highly related to the stability of the nation. One of the major roles of a country’s leaders is to maintain the country’s stability, enhancing the level of citizen’s lives. When a country is stabilized in terms of politics, economics, and others, the well-being of citizens is enhanced. There are many ways the leaders make a country stable: correct laws that contradict many citizens’ common ideas, make policies to handle current problems, and minimize the effect from unpredicted situations. If the leaders do their works effectively, the stability of a nation can be kept, and the well-being of citizens is followed. Thus, the well-being of citizens is a great indicator of the leaders’ effectiveness.

There are various ways to measure the effectiveness of a country’s leader, and the well-being of the country’s citizens seems the best method. Some might say the increase in average incomes is the best solution to measure the leaders’ effectiveness surpassing the citizens’ well-being, as money is inseparable from a whole nation’s state. However, average incomes are sometimes more critically affected by unaffordable external effects than by the nation’s leaders shown in the effect of the oil price. In short, the average incomes may not purely represent the effectiveness of a country’s leaders. Thus, the well-being of the citizens seems the best idea to measure the leaders’ effectiveness.