Some people believe that second-language fluency is crucial to individual development and international accord, so they maintain that language training should begin very early. Others feel that second-language fluency is not necessary to most Americans, a

Some people believe that second-language fluency is crucial to individual development and international accord, so they maintain that language training should begin very early. Others feel that second-language fluency is not necessary to most Americans, and that elementary school should be devoted to basic skills.

Nowadays, whether second-language is necessary to learn from the early age has become a thorny topic. Some people believe that foreign language is very important and children should start it from elementary school. While others do believe that for Americans, second language is not as crucial as other basic skills for the little kids, so their main duty is to study other useful disciplines. Actually, I do agree with the second idea.

To begin with, second language is just a tool to communicate with the world. So it is not necessary for most of the Americans because English is the most worldwide language. For many other countries such as China, and Japan. They are willing to gain the most updated news and technology from western countries and also introduce their own goods to English countries. So learning English as the second language is a key task for them. If those countries maintain the most powerful technology themselves, there is also no need for them to acquire another language as a basic skill. Therefore, within the era that every other country is learning English, native English speakers do not need to waste time on gaining another languages.

Besides, for elementary students there are plenty of other skills are more valuable than language study. We all know that children in early stage are most creativity and plasticity compare to adults. So it is very important to dig out their potential ability when it is possible to prepare for the brilliant future for the kids. It is widely known that young kids have the best momory and also the learning and modeling ability. Therefore, how to use them in an efficient way should be considered carefully by both teachers and parents. For kids in other country, it is the best time for them to acquire another language to fit the need of globalization demand in their future. However, for American children, they may adopt this advantage into other more complicated tasks such as math and logic thinking, which are more profitable for their academic and career future.

Some people may think that handling a second-language can be a great pros for students in the future, especially when the language is not understood by the majority of people. However, that cannot be a good reason to ask all the elementary students to learn a second language. They may choose to learn it in the future when it is necessary.

To sum up, in today’s society, English is the most spread language in the world, therefore, there is no need for American kids to learn foreign language. Lauguage is a tool to communicate with the world and US children do have this ability already.