More and more people are relying on the private car as their major means of transportation Describe some of problems over reliance on cars can cause and suggest at least one possible solution

Nowadays, the usage of own means of transport is very common in the modern societies. It creates the problem of traffic congestion and pollution all over the world. However, the use of public transport is one of the possible solutions to deal with this issue.

Firstly, overuse of private cars leads to traffic congestion. Every person has their own car, which means creating a lot of traffic. For instance, in metro cities, it is often seen that there is traffic jam more than an hour and people are blowing the horns, thus worsening the situation. Ultimately, all this cause frustration and stress for the people who cannot reach at their workplaces in due time. Moreover, the sound and environmental pollutions are increasing.

Secondly, more motor vehicles mean more pollution. The harmful gases exhausted from the vehicle results in air pollution and leads to various health problems. For example respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and so on. Moreover, ozone layer depletion as a consequence of pollution can cause skin problems.

The possible solution to these problems is to maximise the use of public transport. The government should aware the people to use public transport and put emphasis to legally control the private transportation. Furthermore, the use of public transport also saves the expenditure which we spend on buying own means of transportation.

To conclude, traffic congestion and pollution are the arising problems of extensive use of private means of transportation. Nevertheless, the use of public transport is the one way to resolve the problems. Both Government and individual should come forward to tackle this issue and make their place better to live.

Essays by the user: