The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart illustrates the proportion of households in owned and rented accommodation in two countries ( England and Wales) between 1981 and 2011.

Overall, the percentage of households in rented accommodation was higher than the percentage of households in owned accommodation over that period. In addition, the highest percentage of households in owned accommodation was in 2001 whilst the percentage of households in rented accommodation was the lowest. On the other hand, the biggest percentage of households in rented accommodation was in 1918 while the percentage of households in owned accommodation was the smallest. Furthermore, households in owned and rented accommodation had the same percentage in 1971.

In terms of the percentage of households in owned accommodation, it was around 23% in 1981. Then, it increased to be around 32% in 1939 and 1953.It considerably increased from 1939 to 2001 (about 32% and 69% respectively). However, it slightly decreased to be around 64% in 2011.

Essays by the user: