The diagram below shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the key features and make comparisons where necessary

The diagram below shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the key features, and make comparisons where necessary.

The diagram illustrates how pure water is produced from rain drops in an Australian inhabitant.

Overall, the process is a predominantly manual process where rainwater is collected and filtered into usable water. This liquid is then pumped up into households for different uses.

The first stage is when it rains, the water follows down the roof and is instantly led to the drain which is connected to a complex system underneath the surface. The next step is where water goes through a water filter so as to be processed before being stored in a storage. Having been stored, it continues going through a pipe leading to another container. By this stage, the amount is reduced so that the next step can be assured. Subsequently, it is being treated by chemicals in order to separate drinking water from any unwanted elements. Finally, it moves up to serve the residents.