Look at the chart and discuss the changes in weekly hours of basic housework by married men and married women in the USA between 1976 and 2012 Guess the reasons for the changes

Look at the chart and discuss the changes in weekly hours of basic housework by married men and married women in the USA between 1976 and 2012. Guess the reasons for the changes.

The chart indicates the changes in the proportion of the married ÚA people spending weekly hours on housechores in two separate years, namely 1976 and 2002 according to gender. Overall, it is apparent that the figure for consuming time of married males gradually ascended. Meanwhile, despite having experienced a significant decline, that of married females was the dominant to account for the highest percentage. Looking at the chart in more detail, during the period time of 1976, married men made up approximately 6.8%, just being one-fifth that of women, capturing 28.8%. By 2012, the proportion of married females which went fowwn substantially with the figure being 17.2%, was nearly equal to that of males, mading up 11.4%. This huge change totally breaks stereotype that taking on the household has to be women’s task. Nowadays, both two genders share homeworks together equally and happily and this above change is an immensely obvious proof.