The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The pie chart illustrates the comparison of domestic expenditures for food, housing, Transport, health care and other goods and services between Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010.

Overall, in both countries, food, housing, transport and other goods and services recorded the highest share of the total expenditures whereas expenditure on health care was the lowest share.

In Malaysia, 34% of housing was utilised, which was much higher than that in Japan at 21%. While other goods and services in Japan took up the share of total expenditures at 29% which was a bit more in Malaysia with 26%. In terms of food, the expenditure for both countries were approximately equal with 27% and 24% respectively.

Likewise, the expenditure of health care in Japan was doubled than that in Malaysia with 6% compared to 3%. The expenditure for transport in Malaysia was half of that for Japan with 10% compared to 20%.