Your college tutor has asked you to write an essay on the following topic:You should write at least 250 words. You are required to support your arguments with relevant information and examples based on your own idea, knowledge and experiences.Studying the

Your college tutor has asked you to write an essay on the following topic:

You should write at least 250 words.

You are required to support your arguments with relevant information and examples based on your own idea, knowledge and experiences.

Studying the English language in an English-speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn the language.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement? -Syerapke-

There is a saying from Lord Hailsham, a British statesman “A master of the English language does not need to exaggerate; an illiterate almost always does”. This saying may imply that for learning English with well is not merely force us to arrive in the English-speaking country. However, some people prefer to learn English in the English-speaking country which they argued as the best way to master in English, I tend to agree with the latter.

Learning English in the English-speaking country take several drawbacks which I want to mention in the following. Firstly, it takes high cost to accommodation and daily need for student. Sure, this is quite worth it for wealth people who can expenditure the study cost, but majority of people, actually, in my country is not engaged with this way. Secondly, adapting with new environment might raise the temporal culture shock which can continue to serious traumatic event. Therefore, if this occurs people who dreamed of proficient in English reach problematic event, instead.

On the other hand, studying English can be done with another way such as from literature or practice in the representative field which is located domestically. Literary media such as printed publications, internet or e-book, might view as one of the efforts to gain the English skills. Taking study grammar as an example, reading grammar book at home is viewed more effective rather than find the advance grammar book in the Yale college library. However, representative field also bring benefit for improving English. There is Pare Kediri Indonesia, a village which contains with several English courses, which creates English atmosphere included to help people improved their English. In my opinion, coming such similar places like Pare for the beginners are quite efficient for learning English rather than go overseas.

In conclusion, get proficiency in English is necessary nowadays. This is related to globalization demand. While the others have to agree that study directly in English-speaking country could shape our English with-well, I tend to disagree that learning English is not merely important for staying there. Literature and representative field might believe bring benefit in order to improve English skills, too.