In most developed countries shopping is not only about buying the goods you need it is also perceived as entertainment Is it positive or negative development Give your own opinion and examples based on your experience

In most developed countries shopping is not only about buying the goods you need, it is also perceived as entertainment. Is it positive or negative development? Give your own opinion and examples based on your experience.

Recently there has been a significant growth in the rate of sale all over the world, while in past people used to purchase things especially clothes in specific events such as New Year. Today some claim that shopping not only becomes popular among residents, but also is identified as a pleasure and amusement. It seems that this has brought some pros and cons for society. However, I strongly believe that the merits are more considerable.

First and foremost, by becoming an entertainment, shopping could help manufacturing as well as improving economy. On the grounds that more people attend shopping, the market would face more demand so manufactures would increase their producing rate and offer in the market. Therefore, their profit might grow, companies could be expanded and more job opportunities would be provided. All these would rotate the economic cycle far more easily.

Manufacturing recovery apart, when observing shopping as an entertainment, consumers would profit in many aspects. The process of purchasing would modify into joyful one, particularly for men who most of the time run from shopping. Men would spend more time for a better product without any other pressure. On the other hand, as women are so extroverted and enjoy gatherings, shopping would become the place for them to buy their goods as long as satisfying their social needs.

Furthermore, prevalence of shopping as an amusement could trigger the tourism. In many tours around the world, one of the most valuable parts would be the shopping especially in local markets or traditional bazaars. Tourists would join the activity for becoming familiar with the different culture and local inhabitants.

To sum up, although considering shopping as an entertainment might lead to consumerism, in my point of view the positive developments of this phenomenon outweigh its negative ones.