The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live think and behave However some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing younger generations for modern life To what extent do you agree or disagree w

In this day and age, the issue about cultural preservation has been a hot topic for every country, leading to a controversy about whether traditional principles are applicable in modern life or not. To a certain extent, I agree that traditional ideas are beneficial for people of all generations; however, I also think that some of these are not really suitable for modern life, especially for youngsters anymore.
On one hand, traditional ideas are beneficial for people of all generations. These conceptions, which our forebears learned from practical experience, can instruct subsequent generations on how to live, think, and behave in an appropriate way. For example, expressions like “Thương người như thể thương thân.”, “Lá lành đùm lá rách.”, etc are reflections of Vietnamese solidarity and kindness. Older generations have also left behind a wealth of excellent agricultural lessons that are still being used today.
On the other hand, some of these concepts, however, have become outmoded and conservative over the course of many decades of industrialization and modernization. For instance, because of being socially inferior, women in the past were subjected to a number of harsh rules from the time, such as "Tam tòng tứ đức," "Xuất giá tòng phu," etc. Also, there were plenty of beliefs which were implausible and misleading.
To conclude, in the era of acculturation and development, not only do we have to preserve and develop cultural identity but also have to be selective.

Essays by the user:

Minimum 250 words wanted