Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behaviour and protect them from danger However children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom To what extent do you agree or disagree with the above statement Give reasons fo

Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behaviour and protect them from danger. However children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with the above statement?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should write at least 250 words.

Parents and teachers impose a lot of rules on children to encourage good behavior and manners and to protect them from harm and abuse. In my opinion, children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom.

First of all, parents and teachers hope always that their children will become better than them, especially in higher education because our parents regret their unachieved goals and try hard to give their children the success that they couldn’t attain when they were in our age. In other words, parents and teachers put a lot of pressures on their children by making many rules that their childrenmust do it without any hesitation or complaint.

As a result of that, youth became attached and dependent on them, and they are not able to take any decisions without the permission of older people, hence frustration and irresponsibility will be one of the consequences of this parental pressure. When they grow up they want to make their own plans, for instance to study the discipline that they like, not the ones that are forced on them by their families.

On the other hand, everyone needs a guide to cope with actual or likely danger in life, especially children, because they have less experience to face the challenges of life. Also they are lost vis-à-vis the concept of freedom. The latter is misunderstood due the huge influence of mass media. Therefore, parents and teachers should be a good model for them by giving precious pieces of advice and not too many rules because as they say too many rules kills the skill to do the right thing.

To sum up, children should benefit from balanced rules and freedom; this will prevent them from any future personality disorder.