Some people believe that nowadays we have too many choices To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement

Some people believe that nowadays we have too many choices. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Some thinkers may believe that the human of this century has many options to choose from – maybe too many. Although the same could not be said for a great segment of the population, it is not a far-fetched idea though to assume that people living in relatively /advanced/ countries are dealing with more choices than they can handle; mainly due to the advent of new technologies, two aspects of which could be considered: increased access to information, and the emergance of smartphone applications.
With regard to the availability of information, the switch from libararies and archives to search engines could be considered. The human of previous centuries did not have as easy of the modern human. Considering that archives and libararies could be found only in certain cities, it could be said that data used to be expensive and difficult to access. Consequently, the choice for what data to obtain was limited to the libararies nearby and the number of books they had. In contrast, the modern human has all the digital data available at the tip of their finger. Having access to such power is not without its consequences, as it could lead to inability to choose what type of information to consume, and therefor the ability to make decisions properly, for instance, choosing which major to study could turn into a difficult choice for someone who knows a bit of everything with the help of Google!
As for the role of smartphone applications, it may be beneficial to consider an example first. Up till very recently, finding and choosing romantic partners was an offline and lengthy process. The choices were mostly limited to the social circles each person had, with the rare occasions of meeting someone by chance. On the contrary, the choices have become almost unlimited in the recent years, and this has been possible through the usage of dating apps, for instance, a person could visit more than a hundred profiles each day on Tinder - even a thousand if their time allows it and they live in an area with high population.
In conclusion, recent developments in technology have given rise to having various options in various areas of life, from choosing which major to study or even which person to date. Such increased availability of options may be too much and could be regarded as a burden for the modern human.