Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities Others however say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required Discuss both these views and give your

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Public health is one relevant issue in our society and it is important to draw attention on what the Government and responsible Departments are doing in order to avoid diseases and others negative factors, such as obesity, drugs’ dependency, mental problems, etc. One of the possible public strategies is to increase the number of sports facilities. This essay will examine the advantages and disadvantages on this topic.

Looking for the positive view in this measure, it is clear the benefits when people practice sports frequently. Loosing weight and burning fat help to improve many factors detected in our blood test. The obesity is one of the most dangerous public healthy indicators and sports can contribute to the process of making people more active.

In addition, sports promote a more integrated community and it is extremely positive for people with a penchant to depression and other mental disorders. Furthermore, young people practising sports often avoid and stay free of drugs, which is an immensurable benefit.

In the other school of thought, some people argue that sports facilities are too expensive for the benefit created. The investment in infrastructure is enormous and the cost of maintenance is high. Also, it is possible that even after the sports centres are ready, people may not participate and the investment will be lost. Other measures to create more efficient health can include programs, for example, to prevent sexually transmitted diseases, awareness of drugs, and instructions to control diabetes.

In conclusion, the level of effectiveness in this strategy may depend on many factors, such as participation and how the facilities are used to promote sports. Overall, I believe the residents are better off by increasing the sports facilities as preventive actions are needed and can contribute to increase the general public healthy.