Universities should allocate the same amount of money to their sport activities as they allocate to their libraries Do you agree or disagree

Sport activities are too important as university libraries. Making sport activities is part of a good physical and mental health. If universities give the same amount of money for sport activities, some students would believe that it is a great idea; others would disagree. In my view, giving money in equal parts for sport activities and university libraries would be a positive idea for two important reasons.

The main reason is that giving the same amount money for sport activities will motivate students to join in some sport activity of in some team. This will definitely improve health´s students, which is part of having a good performance in other academic activities. In order to have a good academic performance is needed not only the intellectual part that libraries give us, but also physical and mental health. For example, when I was at University, my first semester was terrible, I remember having a lot of problems with my academic performance because I was sleepy and tired all of the time which made me feel frustrated. In one of my classes, I met a friend, who was in the University´s football team that convinced me and encourage me to join to the football team. After doing that, I really improved my academic performance, I was awake in my classes and I had a lot of energy after training. Sadly, we could not participated in the national competition between universities of all Mexico due to the lack of money to sponsor us as a university´s football team. After see that, I leaved the team because of the lack of support from University which made me feel disappointed. As you can see, adding money to sport activities would motivate some students to join some sport or team or not to leave a team.

Another reason is that sport activities can improve social environment and development of new friendships from different careers. Having a good social environment and meeting different people is something crucial in University. For instance, when I was at University, I went to another university in order to take a course. At university, I had the opportunity of walking through the campus, it had incredible spaces and environments for making all kind of sports. These places were crowded after classes, students enjoyed being there and looked happy all of the time. One professor told me that the university was giving money in equal parts for the library, the auditorium, the classrooms, the gym, the stadium, the soccer field, the basquetball field, the volleyball field, the theater, etc. this experience taught me that giving money in the same amount for sport activities as another places in the university, such as libraries, is beneficial for the development of social environment.

In sum, though some may oppose the idea, giving money in the same amount for sports activities as the university libraries, would be a great action for students. Not only will the idea motivate students to join in some sport activity or in a sport team but also the development and improvement of social environment could be beneficial for students. Every University should work to implement this idea for their students that will be reflected on a better academic performance.

Essays by the user: