Weddings are getting bigger and more expensive What is the reason for this Is it a positive or negative development

Weddings are getting bigger and more expensive. What is the reason for this? Is it a positive or negative development ?

Wedding ceremonies are progressively coming up with more grandiose plans and are financially demanding. This essay will elucidate the factors contributing to the phenomenon, meanwhile, I would address more details of its major downsides.

First, one underlying reason is that luxury wedding events emerged due to the social media influence from prominent people growing the standard of how magnificent a party can be. This brings the current generation about to showcase, thus, degrading the sacred value of marriage. For instance, FOMO, Fear Of Missing Out, turns oneself to imitate gorgeous costumes and wedding designs of western cultures, provoking cultural erosion. Moreover, this tendency stems from well–preserved traditions, as dictated by customary practices and passed down through generations. As seen in Indonesia ethnic, “Bugis weddings” unequivocally provides a dowry (Panai) which is commensurate with both the family caste and educational background.

On the other hand, I would put forth several demerits, firstly, the high level of marital conflict among young couples. Apparently, financial strain during young marriage life arises from the demand for opulent wedding ceremonies. Reported by IDFA, a quarter of the divorces involve financial disagreements as a primary and significant factor. In addition, the potential decline in marriage rates tend to be attributed to the apprehensions experienced by the groom due to the onerous traditional requirements that may exceed their capabilities. To illustrate, Germany, one of a strong economy and abundant career prospects, frequently delays marriage and prioritises their professional ambitions above all else.

In conclusion, luxury at the event arises from the reasons ranging from the digital impacts to cultural heritage requirements. Nonetheless, I would argue that this has disadvantages ranging from rising fractions of marital discord to low marriage percentage.