The role of advertisements.

The role of advertisements.

Advertisements, one of the symbols of modern society. They prevail in every part of the world, they are widespread and influentials. Commercials try to convince people to buy products through many ways such as, highlighting low prices, exaggerating functions of products or using fame of some celebrities.

Advertisements help consumers find new products and save their money. People can’t resist low prices. Advertisements attract people by informing them about the most affordable and convenient way to purchase their needs, For example, I watch many commercials on TV and there are many channels that specialize in advertising many products such as QVC channel. They highlight low prices in addition they give their audiences the chance to break the cost into many payments to make it more convenient for them.

Celebrities have a role in advertisements and appeal to more people. Businesses usually pay large amount of money to celebrities to use their fame and advertise products of these businesses. Many people especially the young buy these products because they see their favorite celebrities use them and talk about them all the time. I see many celebrities in advertisements of hair products, For example WELLA hair color. Hind Sabri is one of the famous actresses in my country . She appears in advertisement of that product and talk about its quality and its beautiful effect on the hair. Most women buy it. Some people buy these products to imitate their favorite celebrities.

Advertising companies try to exaggerate the function of some products to convince people to buy them. They talk about their uses, benefits and qualities. For example, I saw an advertisement about a kitchen tool, It said how is used to grind all vegetables and easy to clean. Actually I bought this product because the advertisement was so interesting, it persuaded me to buy it. But I found that product was not as advertised. I couldn’t use it to grind all kinds of vegetables, It was delicate and broken when I used a little hard vegetables such as onion. In addition It wasn’t easy to clean, there were a part which has small holes . I need to clean each hole separately.

Generally advertisements help us find the most affordable products and give us ample information about products before we buy them. They have an important role in convincing people by use many ways.