Young people enjoy life more than the old people Do you agree or disagree

Young people enjoy life more than the old people. Do you agree or disagree?

One could have a philosophical debate on what joy actually is and how it can be measured properly. Despite the fact that I do not believe that we can weigh amount of joy of any person, I still think that the youth in general has more reasons to be joyful than older people.

Firstly, one can hardly argue that joy depends on how much energy a person has, and clearly young people are more energetic. There is no sheer, universal joy but always a reaction of a person to certain events - by expressing happiness or sadness or other feeling. In my opinion, how reach and colorful would every feeling be is interconnected with the overall energetic level of a person. For example, imagine that a child is given a new toy simultaneously with his old grand farther getting a new car. I assume that in most cases the child will be more joyful despite that a car is by far a greater present.

In addition to that, also health has a great impact into a person`s perception of events. I view it as simple correlation – the more people worry of their health the less joy they get. Young people usually could not care less about health issues as opposed to some old people thinking about their health all day long. Unfortunately, I know how it works on a personal level as once I was suspected to have brain cancer and it took doctors a few months to rule this option out. I should confess that I was a far cry from being a joyful person during that period. This example having better health brings a lot to being joyful, which is typical for younger people.

Finally, it is too much experience and routine that makes a person being less enthusiastic. I have a vivid memory of what a happy child I was every Christmas awaiting new gifts, and how calm I am now. In my opinion people get accustomed to positive emotions as to all other thing in life. For instance, it is well known that bigger salary makes a person happier only before it reaches certain amount, and after it is has quite no impact on this person`s feelings. So I proceed from the assumption that older person sees less events that happen for the first time, so these things would not be joyful enough.