Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard, explaining how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading.

The reading passage and the lecture discussed the relationship between productivity and rewards. The passage exposes some benefits that brings the reward system to employees and to the business, while the lecture question the author’s arguments.

According to the reading, consultants’ grantee that giving rewards to employees would increase productivity and improved their attitudes. However, the lecture implies that incentives reduces productivity and damage people social interactions, due to employees visualize incentives as a way of punishments in which they feel manipulated, and they avoid solving problems with the help of others for fear of losing the rewards.

The reading emphasize that business handbooks state that great motivations are directly proportional to improvements in job performance. In contrast, the lecture points out that there are not control study that agree with this relation between rewards and productivity. Besides that, the professor refutes this idea, exposing many studies to indicate that rewards decreases productivity rather than developing it.

Finally, the reading implies that experts think that is possible to make people achieve better results with this system. On the contrary, the professor talks of people who experience the reward system but did not enjoy it, because they just want to be respected and paid for their work instead of being stimulated by incentives.