tpo 66 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific methods proposed in the reading passage

After replaced by airplanes and helicopters earlier in the 1940s, some engineers still believe that the Airships could be used in the pace of airplanes and helicopters again. Both the lecturer and the reading are on opposite ends about this possibility. The lecturer casts doubt about the claim mentioned in the article and refutes all the ideas presented in the article. While the author of the article offers several theories to justify the replacement of Airships.
The first dispute focuses on the cost-saving benefit of using Airships. According to the article, Airship demands less fuel to run its engine compared to airplanes and helicopters. Nonetheless, the speaker negates the argument presented in the passage. Furthermore, he discusses that Airship requires gas such as Hydrogen and Helium in order to lift in the air which has their own disadvantages. For instance. Hydrogen can easily catch fire that leads to cause major accidents which were very common before the 1940s. Meanwhile, Helium is hard to find and really expensive and also, it does not have lifting power like Hydrogen gas. Hence, even though Airship sounds more economically better, but logically, it is not a safe option.
Moreover, another topic of the debate is connected(relates to) with the carrying capacity of Airships in remote areas. The passage highlights that Airships have the capacity to carry heavy loads, especially from rural locations. However, the narrator refutes this by asserting that since it required stability and steadiness to carry large and heavy loads in an Airship. Consequently, there is a high chance to occur an accident in the forest because it would be difficult to hold the Airship steady in the air, particularly, during windy conditions.
Last but not least, the argument is related to replacing Airship with satellite. The text explains that Airship not only can replace the satellite but also helps to save money by using it. On the contrary, the speaker again opposes the theory and describes that it is true that Airships can fly up to a height of 14km from the surface, but at the same time, it needs to face a lot of wind at that height where it will utilize a lot of fuel to resist the wind at this height. Consequently, it demands to refuel it again and again which will make the whole process interrupted. Thus, this substitution is not a fruitful option.

Essays by the user:

Write the essay in 20 minutes.