TPO3 Task1

TPO3 Task1

Both passages refer to painting from the famous Rembrandt. While the passage supports that Rembrandt is not the one who painted it, stating specific reasons, the aural contradicts all of them.

According to the reading passage, Rembrandt did not paint this painting that portaits a woman, due to the dress inconsistence that it contains. More specifically, despite the fact that she is a servant, she wears an expensive fur that a servant could not afford. However, the lecturer supports that searches that have been conducted with x-rays on the painting showed that the collar has been added 100 years ago in order to increase the value of the painting.

Secondly, another evidence stated in the passage is the lighting error that exists, due to the dark fur that must absorb light. Again the lecturer explains that the fur did not exist, but instead there was a light colored cloth that justify the lighting on the painting.

Finally, the passage suggests that the object on which the painting has been created, has never been used before by Rembrandt. The lecturer on the other hand, claims that the original object which was a single piece of wood, has been enlarged with wood pieces by someone, in order to make it more profitable. Moreover, the type of tree was the same he used for a self portait.