Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

In present times, as we encounter the world on a daily basis, there happen to be many great orators or reformers who often try to direct our attention on problems prevalent in our societies. However, it is not always neccesary that they are able to generate the required kind of uproar among the masses. So, I would agree upon the fact that scandals are really useful in doing so.

Firstly for the reason that scandals of various kinds have a massive appeal among the population. All thanks to varied sources of information like the internet, newspapers, journals, social networking sites ;etc such issues are quite transparent among us. Be it any kind of scandal - accounting, political, bribery, corporate, money- swindling, sporting or sexual abuse ; people from all walks of life seem to be affected by them. Also, media has played an immense role in unearthing the truth behind the masked faces of the involved. Mostly these are the ones from the powerful strata of our society, in whom at some point of time, general public have had all their trust.

Another reason for my belief is that with all the matter being crystal clear in front of the public, scandals help in positively directing the outrage. People come together and raise their opinions about bringing in justice, thus aiding in eradicating the defaulters, who often take advantage of their given positions. This in turn point out vividly where reform is needed and powerfully help bring it about.

Furthermore, scandals ; although being immoral both socially and legally reveal the truth that nobody expects or anticipates in their lives. Such scandals are followed by investigations, arrests, and other immediate actions of governments. For example, the 2010 commonwealth games scandal in India. Needed measures were taken to punish the corrupt officials of its organizing committee.

In the end , i would like to agree that scandals are useful as they have a profound impact on the society thereby providing them with the required evidence and the opportunity to contribute towards the welfare of the society, which is one of the prerequisites of a nation heading towards development.