research paper

research paper

We are living in the era of COVID-19 pandemic spread. Every aspect of our lives including socio-economic development, education, especially healthcare system is seriously suffered from the pandemic. An economic system with FDI in key economic province might recover better. How about education system? We daily get news from media that students in high schools should learn online so that they can catch up with the curriculum or knowledge after a long time of lockdown. Distance learning requires not only expensive technology equipment but also teachers’ performance for effective lessons. Being a teacher of English, the author finds some challenges which need being sorted out.
Aiming to come up with solution for distance learning and studying which helps to promote students’ interest, I prefer action research to find out the effectiveness of some technology applications on my students and their attitude towards those activities. Survey and observation are research method to be used for my purpose. The practitioner expects positive feedback from her students through a five-month research study. Despite the limitations of study duration and scope of study, the researcher hope it will help to manage every online lesson during the pandemic. In the future, may a later study be conducted for a better contribution.