Advantages and disadvantages of eating local foods

Eating local foods has become a tendency in recent years. In this essay, we will examine the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Local foods can be easily found and purchased at local markets, supermarkets or local stores,.... They seem fresher and tastier because they do not travel far and may harvest at peak ripeness. In addition, when you eat those foods, you can discover, enjoy unique and diverse foods from the region that different areas are not available. This helps maintain and preserve the culinary heritage of each locality. Another advantage about improving the local economy. Eating local foods has created jobs and income for local residents, so the local agricultural economy is going from strength to strength.
How beneficial they are, there are things to remember. If you are accustomed to eating foods from different regions or cultures, sometimes, eating local foods limits your food choices. Moreover, some foods have turned up in specific seasons or limited periods, which strict your option about eating certain foods throughout the year. Although local foods are fresher and healthier, they aren’t also grown and processed according to strict quality regulations and standards like imported foods.
In short, there are both advantages and disadvantages of eating local foods. Convenience for location, promotes diversity, develops the local economy, but raises quality concerns, limiting the choice of seasons.