Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Technology has made the world a better place to live

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made the world a better place to live.

Make the world a better place to live is a very important issue. It is where all of us live and is in our hands to improve or worsen the world. If technology has made the world better, some people I´m sure would agree; others would disagree. In my view, technology has made the world a better place to live for two important reasons.
The main reason is that technology has connected all over the world. Being connected with people from other cities and counties has made a globalized world. For example, one year ago, when I was in University, I met a friend named Moritz, he was from Germany and he came to study one semester here in Mexico. Although we became very close, he had to return to Germany. Fortunately, we could stay in touch using Skype. This awesome technology tool allowed me to keep talking with him and by the time, I could learn a lot of things about his country, his culture, a bit of his language. I started to search online for more people from Germany. It was too much my interest that two years later, I decided to study in Germany. As you can see, if it were not for technology, I would not have had the opportunity of knowing people so quickly and became interested in other countries to study there.
Another reason is that technology has made our life easier. We are running all the time and sometimes we do not have time to make payments, go shopping, take a course, study another language, etc. Technology has made these things for example easier for us. For instance, a couple of years ago, when I had to go to the bank to make my monthly payments, took me hours, and made me feel frustrated. Another example that made me feel stressed was not being able to go shopping because I just had no time and sometimes because shopping stores were crowded. Nowadays, technology has allowed people to pay online, avoiding endless rows in the bank. Also, technology has transformed my way of shopping, I do it too online, I can find anything that I want, even if it is in other countries, I can buy it quickly. These experiences taught me that what years ago took me hours and made me feel frustrated and stressed, with technology, it takes me a few minutes.
In some, though some may disagree, technology has made the world a better place to live. Not only has it connected people from around the world but it also has made our life easier. Every person should take advantage of benefits that technology offers such as meeting people from around the world, making online payments, shopping online, take online courses, read online books, etc.