Summary Read the following extract and use your own words to summarize it Your summary should be about 140 words long Original extract Being able to multitask is hailed by most people as a welcome skill but not according to a recent study which claims tha

Summary: Read the following extract and use your own words to summarize it. Your summary should be about 140 words long.
Original extract:
Being able to multitask is hailed by most people as a welcome skill, but not according to a recent study which claims that young people between the ages of eight and eighteen of the so-called “Generation M” are spending a considerable amount of their time in fruitless efforts as they multitask. It argues that, in fact, these young people are frittering away as much as half of their time again as they would if they performed the very same tasks one after the other.
Some young people are juggling an ever larger number of electronic devices as they study. At the same time that they are working, young adults are also surfing on the Internet, or sending out emails to their friends, and/or answering the telephone and listening to music on their Ipods or another computer. As some new device comes along it too is added to the list rather than replacing one of the existing devices.
Other research has indicated that this multitasking is even affecting the way families themselves function as young people are too wrapped up in their own isolated worlds to interact with the other people around them. They can no longer greet family members when they enter the house nor can they can eat at the family table.
All this electronic wizardry is supposedly also seriously affecting young people’s performance at university and in the workplace. When asked about their perception of the impact of modern gadgets on their performance of tasks, the overwhelming majority of young people gave a favorable response.
The response from the academic and business worlds was not quite as positive. The former feel that multitasking with electronic gadgets by children affects later development of study skills, resulting in a decline in the quality of writing, for example, because of the lack of concentration on task completion. They feel that many undergraduates now urgently need remedial help with study skills. Similarly, employers fee that young people entering that workforce need to be taught all over again, as they have become deskilled.
While all this may be true, it must be borne in mind that more and more is expected of young people nowadays; in fact, too much. Praise rather than criticism is due in respect of the way today’s youth are able to cope despite what the older generation throw at them.

The provided extract gives an insight upon the topic of multitasking as well as the possible repercussions coming from the action of it. Despite earning the consideration as a beneficial side of skill, an of-late study has expressed the detrimental effect put on the “Generation M” from the ages of eight to eighteen to cease a discernible quantity of time as they multitask. The key culprit is their living in the 21st century, the technology-driven era with overusage of electronic devices while attempting to finish their work and/or assignments. In all crucial aspects, three major consequences of this activity need to be mentioned: isolation of multitasking individuals from their family and society, a slump in the quality of their performance in learning as well as their study skills being negatively influence. In spite of the previous generations' expectation, youngsters’ addressing issues still deserves approval rather than disapproval.