The school radio station may soon air paid advertisements from local businesses. Dan Shanklin, the student director of the radio station, has commented that money earned from advertising could help the radio station improve its programming. Shanklin expec

Speaking topics in text

The school radio station may soon air paid advertisements from local businesses. Dan Shanklin, the student director of the radio station, has commented that money earned from advertising could help the radio station improve its programming. Shanklin expects that advertising revenue would be used to purchase both higher-end recording equipment and the broadcast rights for popular songs and syndicated radio programs that may be of interest to students. With enough advertising money, Shanklin feels it may even be possible to invite famous singers to campus for performances in the radio station studio. The radio station’s board of directors, which includes both students and faculty, will make a decision on this possible programming change early next week.
Narrator: Now listen to two students discussing the article.

Female student: I really don’t think this is a good idea.

Male student: [CONFUSED] Uh… really? But… it sounds like ads could help the radio station make money.

Female student: Yeah, I guess. But the radio station already plays a lot of announcements.

Male student: Announcements?

Female student: Yes. Between shows, they announce campus events, changes in school policy, that kinda thing. If they add commercials too, there’ll be a lot less time for the entertainment content.

Male student: And they can’t really stop running those announcements. There’s a lot of important info there.

Female student: Yeah! And besides, does the college radio station really need to bring in more money? I mean, they just got new sound gear last year, and the music department already pays to bring famous singers to campus—who cares if they’re aired on campus radio if we get the chance to see ‘em live?

Male student: I see what you mean. I’ve never had any problems with the programming, myself.

Female student: Exactly. I think advertisers will just take up extra time. They won’t really improve the station. Y’know, I think they’ll just make things worse! I don’t know if I’ll keep listening if they really do start running ads.

Male student: [THINKING/THOUGHTFUL] Hmm… Maybe you’re right

Narrator: The woman expresses her opinion about the change described in the article. Briefly summarize the change. Then state her opinion about the change and give the reasons she states for holding that opinion.

Online speaking recording
This speaking topic by users
Post dates Users rates Contents
2016-07-29 Enas Al lami 80.00 Check this speaking
Speaking category
Speakings by user Enas Al lami :