The university is committed to healthy eating and sensitive to recent criticisms that the cafeteria menu is too limited. For this reason, beginning this week, a vegetarian hot meal will be served every Friday to all students. It is hoped that this policy

Speaking topics in text

The university is committed to healthy eating and sensitive to recent criticisms that the cafeteria menu is too limited. For this reason, beginning this week, a vegetarian hot meal will be served every Friday to all students. It is hoped that this policy will encourage healthy dietary habits among members of our community and address the problem expressed by vegetarian students about limited menu options. Of course, all students are welcome to make use of the salad bar seven days a week, regardless of the hot meal being offered.
Script
Narrator

Now listen to two students discussing the announcement.

Female Student

Can you believe this ridiculous new policy about vegetarian meals every Friday?

Male Student

What’s wrong with it? I mean, I thought you were a vegetarian. Isn't...isn’t this exactly what you'd want?

Female Student

Yeah, I'm vegetarian! But we told the head of the dining hall that it was UNFAIR that every day of the week, the HOT MEAL seemed to include meat, and students like me were basically forced to have cold dinner all the time.

Male Student

What’s the problem, then?

Female Student

We pay for a full meal plan like everybody else does, but we don’t get hot food like everybody else does! We wanted a hot vegetarian option to be included EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK on the menu as an alternative for vegetarians, so we can have a, uh, a proper meal for dinner.

Male Student

But one meal a week is better than nothing, y’know?

Female Student

Not really. The university thinks that this will APPEASE us… but I still have to eat salad four days a week. It’s really REPETITIVE.

Male Student

Yeah, I could see that getting old.

Female Student

Tell me about it! And have you actually used the salad bar? Half of it is totally INEDIBLE. The lettuce is all wilted, the tomatoes are tasteless…it's not exactly fine dining.

Online speaking recording
This speaking topic by users
Post dates Users rates Contents
2016-07-28 Enas Al lami 80.00 Check this speaking
Speaking category
Speakings by user Enas Al lami :