ScriptNarratorNow listen to a conversation between two students.Male StudentHey, Jane. Ready for auditions for the debate team tonight?Female StudentHi, Fred. Yeah, I guess I am! I mean, I’ve been getting ready all day.Male StudentYou’ll nail it, I’

Speaking topics in text

Script
Narrator

Now listen to a conversation between two students.

Male Student

Hey, Jane. Ready for auditions for the debate team tonight?

Female Student

Hi, Fred. Yeah, I guess I am! I mean, I’ve been getting ready all day.

Male Student

You’ll nail it, I’m sure

Female Student

Thanks. I hope so Actually, I was wondering if I could ask your advice…

Male Student

Sure! What’s up?

Female Student

As part of the audition process, you, uhh, the debate team asks you if you’re planning on doing any other extracurricular activities besides debate.

Male Student

Right, I’ve heard that.

Female Student

The problem is I just got into the school choir. Only THREE SPOTS open up per year, and they’re asking me if I want to take one of them…

Male Student

OK.

Female Student

I want to say yes to the choir, but I’m afraid to tell that to the debate team because they’re… they’re going to be much more UNLIKELY to let me join the club.

Male Student

So, you’re thinking about hiding the information about the choir from the debate team?

Female Student

Yeah. I mean, if I tell them the truth, they might not accept me. I’d still have the choir, but…but if I tell them that I don’t plan on doing other activities, maybe the debate team would accept me. Once I’m on the team, there’s nothing to officially stop me from joining other clubs. I’ll just tell them I changed my mind, and decided to try choir too.

Male Student

But if you hide the information, they might get really mad at you and think you’re… well, a liar.

Female Student

But I’m not obligated to tell them my whole life story, right?

Male Student

I’m not sure about this plan. Even if you do get on the team and have both activities, what if it’s too much work? I’d think there’s a reason they don’t want you on other clubs, y’know? You might be spreading yourself too thin…I’d say you should just choose one and stick with it.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category
Speakings by user Enas Al lami :