TOEFL SPEAKING TASK 5: THE MAN WANTS TO INTERVIEW AN DIRECTOR BUT SHE JUST GOT A BAD COLD

Speaking topics in text

Woman:
Hey. Mike. Did you finish that article you were writing for the campus newspaper? The one about the school play.
Man:
Not yet. Remember how I was going to interview the student who’s directing it?
Woman:
Yeah. You said that was going to be a big part of the article.
Man:
Right. And I was going to make most of my article about what the director said, since she knows about picking the play, choosing the cast, designing the set, everything. But I just called and it turns out she’s got a bad cold. She is sick.
Woman:
So you can’t interview her?
Man:
Not today. No. But I have a couple of options. I could wait until she feels better and interview her then. It’s just that then the article wouldn’t be done in time to go in this week’s paper.
Woman:
Oh. So you’ll have to put it in next week’s paper then?
Man:
Yeah. And the play is opening this weekend. I mean it’s running next weekend too but it’d make more sense to have the article come out before the play opens.
Woman:
I see what you mean. So what’s your other option?
Man:
Well, I could interview an actor instead of the director. I talked to one of the lead actors and he said he would be happy to do an interview today.
Woman:
Sounds good. Then your article would come out before the play opens.
Man:
I know. But it’s just that he probably wouldn’t have as much to say as the director. I mean, he wouldn’t know about everything that went into planning the play the way the director does.

Online speaking recording
This speaking topic by users
Post dates Users rates Contents
2014-10-21 VertFeuille 80.00 Check this speaking
Speaking category

24 in 30

Still have the issue. Need to keep it simple, don't be verbose:

Introduction. give your choice here. about 15-20 seconds.
disadvantages: reason 1, blabla, Reason 2, blabla,... about 20 seconds
However, advantages: reason 1, blabla, Reason 2, blabla,... about 20 seconds