TOEFL SPEAKING TASK 5: THE WOMAN DIDN'T SLEEP WELL LAST NIGHT BUT SHE HAS A PRESENTATION TODAY

Speaking topics in text

Man:
How is it going, Mary? Weren’t you away this past weekend?
Woman:
Yeah. I flew out to see my family in Boston for the weekend. Just got back from the airport actually, what a mess! My flight was delayed several hours because of bad weather.
Man:
Oh. Yeah. There was that big storm out east. huh?
Woman:
Right. So I was at the airport like all night waiting for my flight to leave. I am supposed to arrive back to campus last night. But instead, I got in early this morning.
Man:
You must be exhausted.
Woman:
I am. I hardly got any sleep, just a short nap on the plane. And I am supposed to ...I can’t believe it! I am supposed to give a presentation in my history class today, an hour from now.
Man:
What kind of presentation?
Woman:
It’s a ten-minute presentation on a paper I wrote, and then there’s an answer...a question and answer session afterward, where the professor and other students ask me questions about my history paper and stuff.
Man:
Well, I bet if you told your professor what happened, how the flight was delayed and you didn’t get any sleep. I bet your professor would let you do the presentation on a different day.
Woman:
Yeah, she would probably let me reschedule. I just don’t know if I want to put it off. I’ve got a lot of other stuff coming up, big assignments.
Man:
Oh.
Woman:
I could just give the presentation today, I mean, I did prepare for it a lot last week, so I don’t know... maybe I should just grab a cup of coffee or something and go through with it.
Man:
Well, if you feel okay with that.
Woman:
Well, I am definitely tired. I wouldn’t as quick or sharp as I normally am, but I’ve got an hour to go over my notes and the coffee ...

Online speaking recording
This speaking topic by users
Post dates Users rates Contents
2014-10-21 VertFeuille 70.00 Check this speaking
Speaking category
Speakings by user VertFeuille :