Apply for Erasmus Program

Apply for Erasmus Program

As an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate to develop skill in business intelligence and big data, I am writing to apply for the Erasmus student exchange at the BDMA program. I believe that my background and skills in mathematics, logic and computer science make me an excellent fit to be a scholarship student in the Erasmus program.

I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering with 1st class honors and started working in petrochemical industry as a production engineer. One of my main duty is to take care of Advanced Process Control System or APC program. My strong interest in big data started from participating in the APC revamp team; this project gave me an opportunity to engage in all APC design steps including data collection, data cleansing, process modeling and commissioning. I remember once when I interpreted the data and designed the model, I was really into each step of works.

After finishing the project, I researched more on the big data topic and found that data analytic was applied to many fields of work not only petrochemical industry but also logistics, healthcare, marketing or financial. The more I explore, the more I fascinated with the data world. Fortunately, my company, PTTGC group, established nine months training course, Data science and Engineering program (dEX), to develop data analytic skills of employee. I was not hesitated to grab this opportunity to study more about big data. This course consists of all basic knowledge for Data scientist - Python coding, statistics, machine learning, business analytic, data engineering and visual analytic. Aside from classroom training, we are assigned to perform one data analytics project by using the real data from our process. This, although, quite tough for the beginner but with help from professor and mentor, I can pass through each step of project.

Another activity in the dEX program was “Go and see” which would take the student to visit digital company in Thailand, such as KBTG or AIS, and attend many digital events. I recognize how the world has changed with technology and I ultimately would like to be one person who drives this sphere. Thus, I decide to pursue master’s degree in business and data analytic for more serious learning. I knew BDMA program from one of my seniors at university who is presently studying in this program. She updated the detail information about what she learned on her Facebook. When I read her article, I found that BDMA matches to what I desire.

Based on my experience and knowledge as an engineer, I believe that I would be a good fit for the program. Moreover, although my major in bachelor’s degree was not computer science, I have a basic knowledge from taking full course for data analytic and ever applied in real business through the course project. The most important thing, however, is my dedication to study. I believe that how hard this course will be, I can pass through and achieve my dream to own the business that drive this world. Finally, I really appreciate for your kindly review my profile and I am looking forward to hearing reply from you.