letter of motivation

letter of motivation

I am Pham Minh Duc, a student of Foreign Trade University, Viet Nam. I am writing this letter to state my motivation for the entrance to the Master of International Law and Economics. The double-major undergraduate program in International Economics and International Trade Law at Foreign Trade University formed my perseverance towards becoming an expert in international trade regulation. As a part of the degree, I studied various subjects and courses relating to diverse aspects of international trade law, which includes globalization, regional integration, international economics, WTO law and the dispute settlement mechanisms in international trade. A memorable course was “Promotion of Mutual Understanding for Regional Integration and Asian Community”, in which I had a chance to present my article to the top 100 students of Class 2012-2016 selected to study and got first prize award. That was a small recognition to my effort in exploring the major I have been studying and encouraged me to follow my career pathway.

In my study time at FTU, I have worked for 2 law firms, where I got valuable experience of the practicing situation of lawyers in my country. Moreover, I also learned by the practical issues that corporates in Vietnam were facing in the globalization era. I realized that the lack of awareness about regulations and the speciality of Vietnamese laws created certain obstacles for Vietnamese firms to enjoy the benefit of globalization. Now I am currently working as an intern at Department of International Law, Ministry of Justice. The work required me to practice my knowledge in advanced areas of international law so I think I need more in-depth training.

Thus, MILE program definitely is a perfect continuing program to enrich my advanced studies in all aspects of international trade law and the way to apply this theoretical knowledge into practice. I specially appreciate the wide range of courses related to international trade and the experience to be guided in professional English legal writing. Moreover, with becoming a MILE student, I could not only participate in an international community of excellent and enthusiastic peers, but also be taught by various experts in leading universities, international organizations, think tanks and global law firms.
I totally believe that with my previous work and study, I have had a strong foundation and relentless effort to work in the area of international trade law but MILE program is a valuable chance for me to develop my expertise and work as a government official in this area.

Thank you very much for considering my application and I am looking forward to hearing from you!