Some people think that the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences Others however believe there are better alternative ways of reducing crime Discuss both views and give your opinion

When the question of crime is arise, citizens have dual opinions. Group of people suggest that expand the duration of gaol time should minimise an offence rate, while others argue that different approaches are more effective. Before my standpoint, both the statements should be analysed. My point of view and the discussion of this topic is elaborated in the ensuing paragraphs.

Considering the former thought, people believe that the culprits should stay away from the society, therefore, practising time expansion theory of a prison would help to declined the crime. For example, North Korea, if citizen commit a small crime, they panelysed with minimum 2 years jail. As a result, offenders spent their almost time in the prison and residents feel out of danger. Moreover, this method also create a fear, as a consequence, people try to avoid illegal activities.

On the other side, proponents of the second belief advised that use of the technology could help to reduce the misdeeds. Use of the hi-tech sensors and CCTV camera in the public places could eliminate crime before it occurs, additionally, this technology helps to find a right culprit. Technology of Dubai, for example, the public areas are covered with the cameras and detective sensors, and it live footages are monitored by the police. Consequently, in last year, significant amount of crime rate is dropped which is noticed by the officials.

To conclude the discussion and offer my position, I believed that later viewpoint is more effective. While large duration of prisonment could stop the high violence, I think that other parameters are more powerful to control the crime.