Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your an

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.
Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer

That universities must pay attention to students’ various aspects is an undeniable issue. Although some may believe that universities should establish more budgets to education rather than other fields, others have an opposite attitude toward it. As far as I am concerned, supporting students in social activities and sports is as necessary as their education in that not only are the mentioned activities considered as essential human needs to be flourished, but also they indirectly improve the quality of education system. Moreover, colleges and universities are the most suitable places to discover students’ new talents.

The first feature which should be mentioned is that doing sports and social activities is considered as human needs in accordance to a scientific procedure. Human is not just a brain and it is required that his other primarily needs also be satisfied. This fact has been confirmed and explained professionally in detail by Abraham Maslow, in which vital needs of human have been stratified in five groups containing both physical and psychological one. This diagram is known as “Maslow’s hierarchy of needs” and indicates that satisfying of each category is required for human in order to reach highest capacity of his abilities and be thrived. It should be noted that either sport or social activities are some examples of this theory’s sequences.

The other aspect which deserves some words here is that sports and social activities affect brain performance and enrich capability of learning. In order to describe the relation between doing sports and quality of learning, it can be mentioned that by doing exercise the students’ minds become refreshed and the concentration of the brain on the course materials increases. Besides, establishing remarkable budget for social activities provides a friendly atmosphere between students, which is helpful to improve their social skills, and prepare proper opportunities to act well in team work projects.

In addition, students may not be aware of their talents or perhaps they are not financially able to afford expanding their abilities. If universities provided the basic equipment of entertaining fields and arranged some plans, the students would become motivated to participate in these programs. For example, universities can hold some sports competitions or art exhibitions and consider gifts for the winners. By this way, students become encouraged and they may attempt persistency to depict their capacities.

By taking in to account all the mentioned points, one might come to the conclusion that it is extremely beneficial for the students to provide them both educating and entertaining requirements. Finally, it is highly recommended that at universities sport and social activities receive equal financial support as education.