The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company According to a recent report from our marketing department during the past year fewer people attended Super Screen produced movies than in any ot

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising"

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable.
Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The impact of reviews on the attendance to Super Screen-produced movies can be affected by other factors. There is no need a direct impact of an increase in positive reviews towards people going to the movies. Before attempting to set a hypothesis, we will have to see whether positive reviews increased for other production companies, since this will counteract the impact on total attendance. Also, other production companies might have a larger increase in their positive reviews which might have affected the willingness to see the movies from Super Screen, because while people know the good quality of Super Screen movies, they can still prefer to watch others.

From another point of view is hard to prove that the reviews are not reaching the target people for this segment of movies. It will be much more effective to conduct a survey in which we could tell if people are reading the reviews or maybe they have changed the way of choosing the movies they watch. For example, in the interconnected world social media is gaining more protagonism in the every day life of people. With this in mind, YouTubers, and influencers might have a higher influence on what people decide to watch. Hence we might need to evaluate if the current budget assigned to marketing is effectively spent on the best tools to reach the target group of this industry. Another point might be that movie reviewers are suitable to attract people but aren´t using the correct diffusion method to reach their public.

On the other hand, while reviews are one way to assess the quality of a movie, it isn't the only one. The level of attendance to Super Screen produced movies is indeed a better indicator of quality, so this supposes a further problem to investigate. A possible case is that last year there were made changes in the movies produced which may be affecting their popularity. For instance, a change in the genre, the producers, actors or the budget allocated in the movies produced. All of these factors might as well need a greater share of the company’s budget to increase attendance.