Claim Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective course in order to provide clear guidance for students Reason College students like people in general prefer to follow directions rather than make their own decisio

Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective course in order to provide clear guidance for students
Reason: College students – like people in general – prefer to follow directions rather than make their own decision.

Many people assert that college and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective course in order to provide clear guidance for students because this will provide a more efficient and easier pathway to graduate the school. Yet, I still believe that all students need to take their elective courses since elective courses can engender the broadened and profound insights and able to find own interest rather than a person’s major. I would like to delineate the reasons why educational institutions need to maintain elective courses.
Of course, few would deny that requiring students to take elective courses is effective. With it comes to times and cost for enrolling schools, focusing on own major subjects seems critical. In fact, students are all mandated to take extra courses in order to qualify to be graduate, and it takes more times and costs more money on tuition. As a result, students end up with enormous debt upon their graduation with unnecessary courses which is not even related to their majors. This implies that abrogating elective courses is important in order to liberate students to study harder on their majors and save money and time.
Notwithstanding the fact mendacity of elective courses costs time and money, it does not necessarily mean that abolishing all the elective courses is always right. In terms of definition of colleges and universities, emphasis on removing elective courses can be precarious. Colleges and universities are established for students who pursue higher education, and it does not implicit all higher students are required to attend. With this utterance, college students are asked to broaden thought with great depth, and this can be achieved by taking elective courses such as humanities. The courses people consider dispensable are not going to be unhelpful. All courses students take will assist their lives upon graduation – not necessarily meaning toward major but their insights and wise ability. This point here indicates that abolishing elective courses can be poisonous.
In addition, the problem of not requiring elective courses can be discussed in another sense. The reason mentioned above – people in general prefer to follow direction rather than make own decision – sound implausible to bolster the claim. Every school has faculty member to guide students in right direction. Even, senior students can provide hint and recommendation of meaningful elective courses. Newly admitted students can be helped always if they are looking for a help. Thus, contend that people do not want to make a choice does not applicable to a situation when students need to choose their elective courses. Moreover, if a student is not able to choose, even, a minute decision – selecting an elective course, it indicates paradoxically that the student need to work hard to develop decision skills; and this learning process can be done at colleges and universities by taking elective courses.
To sum up, despite the benefits of getting rid of elective courses due to spending time and money, my assertation tells us that taking elective course can be better. Students can learn cleverness outside of their majority via elective courses, and they can choose their courses through advice from faculty members and other students.