Educators should find out what students want included in the curriculum and then offer it to them.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

Educators should find out what students want included in the curriculum and then offer it to them.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe the specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

In this statement, the author purports that educators must find out students' interests and apply those to the curriculum. While I greatly appreciate this benign suggestion that can surge students' learning productivities, I disagree with the author as he undermines too many circumstances and surrounding factors that can impede the actual application.

Granted, offering subject matter in students' interests is a great way to motivate them, and increase their learning efficiencies. Numberless public high school teachers report each year to the test administration about their students' declined productivities in the classrooms. If studies can effectively accommodate student proclivity,students' productivities will surely resurge.

However, it is naive to conclude that educators are thus responsible to seek their students' interest and design their curriculums accordingly. A major prerequisite requirement is undermined in the author's argument: financial stability. It is possible for educators to offer new courses only when there are enough capitals for their institution to utilize. Producing a new course is a costly task. The school has to have enough work force to enforce writing, dispersing, and collecting of survey papers. Therefore, educators should only find out what students want and include those in the curriculum if they have sufficient money and resources to do so.

Moreover, education, in its essence, must be geared toward fostering workers of the industry, not hobby-seekers. While including bents as a part of learning scheme can greatly increase students satisfactory rates, it will berate studys practicality. For instance, students may desire to learn about the movie while the community is being severly struck by economic depression. In such case, teaching students about the movie would be unpractical for both the student and the society. Thus, the educators must not include students' desired materials in the curriculm as the primary interest of school must lie in production of workers based on the needs of society, not individual.

In summary, education should not seek to discover and apply students' wants. Although this particular offer can greatly contribute to students' joy and willingness to learn, it undermines factors such as institutional priority and social priority. As for an institutional priority, financial capacity must be pre-considered. As for social priority, society's general needs must be premediated.