Some people claim that the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others argue that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonable consensus.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own

Some people claim that the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others argue that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonable consensus.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

A different mode of thought and perception which is variable according to person’s thought. As in the case of many fields such as politics, we can see there are varying sorts of thought to get in a phase of conclusion. By considering these facts, there is a common possibility to choose any mode either both or any one of the two kinds of conclusions such as conclusion through ideals or finding a common ground and reaching to the quintessence of overall opinion, termed as consensus is desirable. According to my opinion I wish to opt either of them according to the circumstances.

First of all, someone who is going to choose ideals in a politic, we just think that these ideals are come through imaginations. In the strict sense, we focus on expectations. It might not be reaching in a reality at last. For example, we know that gender discrimination in employment program creates unnecessary disputes and turmoil all over the world. If a politician who is going to settle this problem through his ideals, then there will be a great chance of violence since every other opposition party members and many of the democratic constituents believe that this politician is braggart and showing disdain and arrogances. This makes the solution unreality.

Similarly another example illustrating the scope of ideals in politics is someone who having ideals of great leaders who are the predecessors and paragon of us, having a lot of impacts over a certain issues, provides a great ideal which is workable because of the practicability. These thoughts are considered as universal thoughts and adopter can claim the cogency of thought. Mahatma Gandhi had a strong ideal even though most of the Indian people who were apart from his thought and attitude of nonviolence for the independence of Indian nation from British power. His attitude towards the freedom fight was unacceptable to most of the Indian people at the initial stage. However once nation received independence at last, every Indian had a great passion towards his attitude and nation’s longest desire finally satisfied.

However, most of the problems at present we are facing is a multi complicated problem, convoluting many twists and turns in many senses. This complexity will not allow opting our ideals in some circumstances. So that there should be a proper and common understanding of thoughts based on practicability, thereby putting a common ground and finalizing into a proper solution through these consensus is possible. International dispute regarding the usage of weapons and production of nuclear elements is everlastingly persisting throughout the world. It has a deleterious impact which adversely affects the cordial international relationship between nations. Because every nation is trying to take more safety measures in advance in a wish that everything should be safe. In this situation, a general consensus after reaching a common ground is better than the pursuit of ideals.

So that, from the above two exemplifications, I can tell that there is no strict kind of method to be followed in politics. It is according to the circumstances, people have to select intelligently by asking a question that pursuit of one’s ideals or reaching reasonable consensus after finding common ground is good for reaching a desirable goal.